Can our mission for this weekend is to practice being a little more selfish? I don’t mean selfish in a bad way. I mean selfish in the way that is directly related to self-love (which p.s. is absolutely crucial for your happiness and mental health). So for the next few days, get a little selfish, will ya?
In case this whole concept is new to you, here are 10 baby steps to explore self-love…
1. Take a nap (and don’t feel guilty about it!)
3. Play some groovy music while you cook dinner
4. Compliment someone
5. Buy yourself flowers
6. Shut off your email and phone for 1 hour
7. Go on a walk or hike
8. Take a long bath
9. Lounge in a park with friends
10. Call your parents or bestie and tell them you love them
Now don’t mind me as I go find myself some sunshine and fresh air!
p.s. If you want to hear even more tips of self lovin’, take a listen to my recent interview on the Shameless Mom Academy. In this episode host Sara Dean and I talk about balancing family, work, and health and mental illness, all while practicing selfishness and self love.